Thursday, March 08, 2012

Al's Remix #1: Bows + Arrows

I'm not a musician, I just like what I like. With due respect to all the fine folks who make the music and engineer the albums and make all the mixing decisions, sometimes if I listen to album long enough I find myself hitting the Skip Ahead button four times...then the Skip Backwards twice...then Skip Ahead ahead again. You get the idea; I find myself deconstructing and reconstructing albums in an order more pleasing.

One such album is The Walkmen's 2004 release, Bows + Arrows. Strong beginning; good ending. It's the seven songs inbetween that I find myself tinkering with the most. Here is my suggested track order for Bows + Arrows:
  1. What's in It for Me – 2:53
  2. The Rat – 4:27
  3. My Old Man – 4:46
  4. No Christmas While I'm Talking – 4:30
  5. The North Pole – 3:48
  6. New Year's Eve – 2:20
  7. Little House of Savages – 3:15
  8. 138th Street – 3:02
  9. Hang On, Siobhan – 3:45
  10. Thinking of a Dream I Had – 4:33
  11. Bows + Arrows – 5:16

No comments: