Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Attempt at levity

Apparently my last post may rustle some feathers. While it was my intention to get attention, it wasn't my intention to come off soundling like a brat, looking for a flame-war. While I feel Siva's article was noteworthy, the quote (if read all by itself) I pulled is basically a synopsis or a conclusion to a bigger issue and not the entire point of the article. I stand by my last post and I'll deal with the cards as they fall, or the "incendiaries" as their thrown...which ever come first. But in the meantime I'll share a joke I just read:

Clinton, Dubya and Gore are in a tragic plane crash and the next thing they know, they're standing before God, seated upon a blindingly radiant throne. God says to Gore, "Al...what do you believe?"

Al Gore says, "Well, I believe that I really did win that election. But for whatever reason, you decided that I was not destined to serve you in that capacity, and I have since made peace with it."

God says, "Very well, Al. You may sit to my left. Bill...what do you believe?"

Bill Clinton says, "I believe I did a lot of good, made a lot of enemies, and I was undermined by my own weakness that I should have been able to rise above. I wish to find forgiveness in my heart for those who sinned against me, and would hope that they likewise could find it in them to forgive me my trespasses."

God says, "Very well, Bill. You may sit to my right. George...what do you believe?"

And George W. Bush says, "I believe you're sitting in my chair."

No comments: